In a nation divided by whether you pronounce it ‘scone like moan’ or ‘scone like gone’, whether the milk goes in before or after the tea, as well as the more serious stuff, there is one thing almost all of us agree on: We love the NHS.
As well as providing front line care in emergencies, bringing us into the world and looking after us as we get older, they also supply a huge amount of practical advice and tools to help us all in our day-to-day lives.
Here are some of our favourite tips:
Practical tips for the winter:
- Get warnings: The Met Office gives up-to-date whether forecasts and warnings. If you’d rather speak with someone, you can also phone the Weather Desk on 0370 900 0100
- Layers of clothes: Lots of thin layers keep you warmer than one chunky one
- Free flu vaccine: If you are pregnant, aged over 65, are a carer, have children under 3 or have certain health conditions, such as asthma you are eligible for a free vaccine!
- It may seem simple, but make sure you keep your windows closed at night
- It might seem like a good idea to dry those sheets on the radiator – but this prevents your room from warming up quickly
For more advice on services you can access just click here: Keep Warm Well
Care in the community:
- Sometimes we all need looking after, if you know of a neighbour or relative that may need an extra hand during the winter months, pop in on them or maybe do a shopping trip for them
- If you are concerned for an older person contact your local council or ring Age UK helpline on 0800 055 6112.
The NHS has loads of free apps to improve your health and manage your healthcare. There are so many available, you could learn first aid, download Echo to access repeat prescriptions online, plan healthy meals, run 5k or access stress-busting techniques.
Browse them here in their App Library
These are just a selection of some of the services and information the NHS provides – information at our fingertips that we can use to improve our quality of life. If you want to check it all out for yourself, you can take a look at their website and social media by clicking below:
The HomeSwapper Customer Support team are always on hand to give advice and tips on how to get the most from HomeSwapper. They deal with Swappers every day and have a unique insight and view on the thousands of successful swaps that take place on HomeSwapper.