Closing your account questions
Find out what you need to know here
To close your account:
- Log in to HomeSwapper
- Go to ‘My details‘ and then ‘My Account‘
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on ‘Close my account‘
Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Close your account‘ button on your dashboard.
Please be aware that if you pay for HomeSwapper yourself you might lose some of the time you have paid for. If your landlord gives you free use of the service then they will need to re-authorise you if you try and join the service again later.
Yes of course. Even after you’ve closed your account, if you just log back into your account with the same details, you account will reactivate automatically.
Both you and the other Swapper will need to contact your landlords and give them the details for the exchange. They will then update their systems accordingly and start the process.
On your HomeSwapper account, you will need to mark it as successfully swapped so that you won’t receive any more contact for Swaps.
You just need to mark your account as ‘Swapped’, which only takes a few seconds. This will then update your account and ensure that no one else tries to contact you looking for an exchange.
- Log in to HomeSwapper here
- Click the I Have Swapped button, which is at the bottom right hand corner of your HomeSwapper Dashboard
- Enter the new address then leave us some feedback and click Save